Choco Chip Banana muffins are deliciously moist muffins with sweet banana flavor and enhanced taste with chocolate chips for the chocolate lovers.I find banana to be a very humble fruit as it is easy to eat,delicious,a healthy source of fiber,potassium,vitamin B6 ,vitamin C and various antioxidants and phytonutrients , pocket friendly and available throughout the year.But at times many of us do not like to eat over ripened bananas.Throwing is not an option as I personally do not like to waste food and and if there is no baby at home to feed with,then what to do with it? I find it best to either put it in the pancake batter or make a decadent cake or muffin out of it.
So choco chip banana muffin is one such delicious outcome which is has a very soft and moist crumb with richness of banana flavor along with hint of sweet and bitter taste of the chocolate in addition to being egg less.Hence making it suitable for the people who do not eat eggs.It is a hassle free quick recipe and can be baked in minutes to perfection.To see how it can be done let us quickly move to the recipe.
Makes: 8-10 muffins depending upon the size
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup plain thick yogurt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 over ripe bananas mashed
- Chocolate chips ( I have used 70% dark chocolate broken into pieces)
- Muffin tray or individual muffin tins lined with butter paper or muffin liner
- Preheat the oven at 150 degree centigrade.
- Sift all purpose flour,baking powder and baking soda together.
- In a mixing bowl cream together powdered sugar,oil,yogurt and vanilla essence till light and fluffy.
- Fold in the mashed bananas.
- Fold in the flour in 3 batches.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the mixture in the muffin cups.Top it with some more chocolate chips and bake for about 20 minutes or till the inserted knife comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool down and Enjoy!!!
Tips & Tweaks:
- Preheat the oven before you start preparing batter.
- The bananas should be ripe.
- Chocolate chips or any chocolate broken into pieces can be used for more rustic appeal.
- If you do not have muffin tins you can make a loaf or can bake in any baking tin of your choice.
- If you do not have yogurt,you can use combination of milk and lemon juice or vinegar as in Egg less Strawberry Cake.
- I have used normal sugar which I powdered in a grinder.You can use any type of sugar you want.There will not be much difference.
- Instead of olive oil you can use any neutral oil.
- Always measure the ingredients correct to ensure good results because while baking cakes measurement is very important unlike in baking breads.
Enjoy !!! …………………………………and Happy Cooking till I am back……………….