Its strawberry season here and strawberries are showing up in abundance so how can that happen that I come back from the market without having purchased them.It is mandatory for me to buy strawberries and make their preserve.For past few years every season it has become like a ritual.This time I just thought of putting them in a cake and that too in an egg less cake.Though I love to bake cakes with eggs only as personally I feel they are more flavorful.Egg less baking comes into picture rarely….but this does not mean that I am averse to it.The recipe that I have used here is the one that I use to bake egg less vanilla sponge or an egg less chocolate cake.The cake turned out quiet moist and flavorful and can serve as a good accompaniment to a nice coffee.To see how it was made let us quickly jump to the recipe.
Do check out some more in cakes
- Banana ,Walnut & Resin Cake
- Walnut and Resin Dark chocolate Cake Loaf
- Orange Cake with Mascarpone Cheese Frosting
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 200 gm fresh strawberries chopped
- 3/4 cup castor sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup any neutral oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Pre heat the oven .
- Prepare baking tin by lining with a butter paper.
- Fold the chopped strawberries in little all purpose flour to avoid them from sinking at the bottom of the cake.
- Sift all the dry ingredients i.e. all purpose flour,baking soda and baking powder together and keep aside.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together oil,sugar,vanilla essence till creamy.
- Add in the milk and the lemon juice and whisk again.
- Fold in the sifted all purpose flour mixing in one direction using cut and fold method.
- Lastly fold in the chopped strawberries.
- Pour the batter in the cake tin and bake at 150 degree centigrade for about 40 minutes .Check by inserting a clean knife at the center of the cake.If it comes out clean the cake is baked .
- Let the cake cool on the wire rack before taking out from the tin.
- Slice and serve ……………………………….and ENJOY !!!
Tips & Tweaks:
- Let the cake cool down before slicing.
- Dust with some icing sugar or top it with some freshly prepared strawberry sauce before serving.
- Always serve after few hours of baking as this allows time for the flavors to set in nicely.
Enjoy !!!……………………..and Happy Cooking !!!……………………………….