Fish fingers is an easy to cook and tasty appetizer which can easily win peoples heart.This can be made in different flavors as per liking.It is suitable for all age groups and is appreciated by everyone.One can easily convert it into a complete meal by combining with a generous helping of fresh salad.Spicy fish fingers is a spicy version good enough to tickle anybody’s taste buds.I have used sole fish but any boneless fish of ones choice can be used to whip up this delectable dish.So now without much ado lets jump to the recipe quickly to check out how it have made it.
- 350 gm Sole fish fillet
- 1″ ginger piece
- 7-8 garlic cloves
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 star anise
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 -1 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup besan or chick pea flour
- 1 -2 tbsp rice flour
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds (white til)
- 1-2 tbsp chopped coriander
- Oil for frying
- Cut the fillet into finger size pieces
- Grind ginger and garlic together
- Grind together cumin,star anise,chili powder,turmeric powder and black pepper together to form a spice blend.
- In a mixing bowl mix together besan and rice flour.
- Add into it ground ginger and garlic paste and the spice blend .
- Squeeze in lemon juice ,salt to taste and 1 tbsp of oil.Mix to form a thick paste adding little water.
- Nicely coat each piece in the prepared paste and marinate for an hour.
- Just before frying mix in chopped coriander and sprinkle sesame seeds.
- Heat oil in a skillet and deep fry fish fingers till they are golden and crisp and drain them on an absorbent paper.
- Serve them hot as an appetizer along with chutney of your choice or form it into a meal with some good helping of salad.
Tips & Tweaks:
- Any fish other then sole can be used.
- Sesame seeds are optional,however they make fish fingers look more attractive and also adds to taste in bite.
- Allow minimum 1 hr for marination.