Eggs are my every day favorite.Mostly I relish eating them in breakfast but they can easily slip into my lunch or dinner menu too.Almost everyone in my family loves to eat eggs but not as much as I do.For me eggs come very handy which are easy to cook ,taste good and provide good quality protein along with a little bit of almost every nutrient that our body needs.So whenever I am in for something quick for the meal I resort to eggs as these are always lying in my refrigerator barring very few moments.Quick egg masala is a very easy dish and a delicious dish to cook with very minimum efforts if one is looking for something spicy to eat along with some bread or chapatis.The ingredients used are simple which are mostly found in every ones pantry.The cooking procedures are also not very tedious unlike involved in traditional Indian cooking where preparing and cooking of masala is a time taking process.This dish is suitable for the bachelors or for the people who do not want to spend too much time in the kitchen but at the same time want to have something home cooked and healthy.So lets move on to the recipe without any further ado.
Serves: 4 persons
- 8 eggs boiled
- 1 large onion
- 7-8 garlic cloves
- 1″ ginger piece
- 2 medium size tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika powder/kashmiri red chili powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Whole spices(3 green cardamom,6-7 cloves,1″ cinnamon stick,1/2 tsp black pepper corns)
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander or cilantro
- Salt to taste
- 2-3 tbsp oil
- In a chopper chop ginger,garlic and onion together.
- Heat oil in a skillet or a pan.
- Add in the whole spices and let them crackle.
- Toss in the chopped onion,ginger and garlic and saute for 5 minutes or till they sweat and raw smell goes away.
- Now add turmeric,chili powder and give it a quick stir.
- In goes the chopped tomatoes with little salt.Mix well and cook the till the tomatoes are soft and mushy and the masala leaves the oil.
- Add garam masala(Indian spice blend) powder and about 1/4-1/2 cup of water to maintain the consistency and the spice mixture does not turn dry.Adjust salt to tatse.
- Roll the eggs in the spice mixture and continue cooking for another 3-4 minutes. Switch off the flame and garnish Quick Egg Masala with lots of chopped coriander and serve hot along with some bread of your choice and ENJOY!!!
Tips & Tweaks:
- You can also shallow fry the boiled eggs before adding it into the masala.
- The prepared dish can also be stuffed between the bread slices and can be enjoyed in the form of a sandwich.
Happy Cooking!!! ………………………………….and Happy Eating!!!………………………………………