Kebab the word in itself has enough power to make drool any non vegetarian.Mostly kebabs are made up of meat but vegetable kebabs also exist for the reason that no one should be deprived of the basic essence of the dish.Kebabs are mostly eaten as an appetizer but they also make their way to the side dish as well.They can be rolled in parathas (flat bread) and roomali roti (very thin flat bread that can be folded like an hanckerchief) and can be enjoyed to ones heart content.The recipe that I am sharing here is of simplest goat meat kebab with lesser ingredients and efforts.These are heavenly melt in mouth kebabs that would leave people guessing about the magical ingredients.They are worth every effort. So let us move to the recipe to unveil the suspense.
Do check out some more from my treasure.
- Soya kebabs
- Shami Kebabs
- Tandoori Chicken Tikka
- Chicken Malai Tikka
- Kacche Kele ke Kebab(Plantain / Raw Banana Kebabs)
- Steamed Chicken Burger Patties
- 500 gm mutton mince(goat meat)
- 2 onions(chopped)
- 10 green chilies or according to taste(finely choped)
- 2″ ginger piece(finely chopped)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp spice mix (Grind together 10 green cardamoms,2″cinnamon stick,1 tsp black peppercorns,1 whole mace and 1/2 nutmeg.Use 1 tsp and store rest in an airtight bottle preferably glass bottle.)
- 2-3 drops of kewara essence
- 1 egg
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander(optional)
- Oil/ghee for cooking the kebab mixture and frying the kebabs
- Heat 2-3 tbsp of oil in a pan.
- Once the oil is hot add chopped onions and saute for a minute.
- Add in chopped green chilies and ginger and give it a quick stir followed by adding turmeric powder.
- Add in the mutton mince,some salt and mix well.
- Cook open till the mince is cooked and no excess moisture is left.This will take about 20 -25 minutes.Add spice mix .
- Switch of the flame and let the mixture cool down.
- Once the mixture has cooled down,grind the mixture into fine paste.
- Add beaten egg.Mix well until well incorporated .
- Lastly add in few drops of kewara essence and chopped coriander and adjust the salt.
- Divide the mixture into equal portions as per the size you want for kebabs.
- Shallow fry on medium heat and serve along with chapati,paratha ,roomali roti or can simply have it as an appetizer along with some mint chutney and salad.
Enjoy!!!…………………………………………………………………….and Happy Cooking!!!