Its raining parathas on my blogs these day.This is going to be the third blog in continuation on stuffed parathas. However, the list is just the tip of the ice berg as there are endless varieties of parathas.Paneer(cottage cheese) is a very popular substitute of good protein for the vegetarians in Northern India.It is cooked in numerous ways and eating paneer stuffed inside a paratha is a delightful way of consuming paneer.Paneer in itself has a very creamy and rich taste but mixing it with some amount of cheddar cheese augments its taste to the next level which is not only loved by the kids but adults too.Different seasonings like pizza,Mexican or Indian spices and herbs can be used to achieve different flavors.Off course most foods tastes best when they come to your plate right from the oven or cook top but this tastes good even from the lunch box making it a good option for kids tiffin box.To see how wonderful it will taste when you all give it a try, let us quickly jump to the recipe.
For the stuffing
- 200 gm paneer(cottage cheese)
- 100 gm (processed cheddar cheese)
- 1 medium onion chopped
- Chili flakes/chopped red or green chilies as per taste
- Salt to taste
- Chopped fresh green coriander
- 1 tbsp oil
Preparing the stuffing
- Grate the cottage cheese and cheddar cheese and mix well.
- In a pan heat oil and add chopped onions and red chilies into it and lightly saute.Put off the flame and let it cool down.
- Mix in the sauteed onion and chilies into the cottage cheese and cheddar cheese mixture.
- Add chopped coriander and season it with salt to taste.
- Mix well and the stuffing is ready to go into the paratha.
Preparing the parathas
- How to make parathas please check out the following links given below
- Gobhi Paratha(Cauliflower Stuffed Paratha)
- Mooli Paratha(Radish Stuffed Flat Bread
Pictorial representation of the paneer and cheddar cheese stuffed paratha
Tips and Tweaks:
- Do not mix sauteed onions with cheese mixture when its hot.Allow it to cool down.
- Cheddar cheese has a tendency to melt when it is heated.So do not increase the quantity as it will melt and ooze out of the paratha making it difficult to handle.