Radish is the most hated vegetable by my both the daughters and hubby being aware of so many virtues associated with this humble vegetable.But despite such strong opposition I consider my self victorious as I manage to make them eat this vegetable in different forms and why shouldn’t I when its in the season and has got so many health benefits associated with it.Eating raw as salad is the most acceptable form in my house. When it comes to the cooked form as a vegetable nobody likes it having except for me but stuffed parathas with radish(mooli) that I make is relished by all.This blog is basically an extension of my previous post on Gobhi Paratha(Cauliflower Stuffed Flat Bread) on one of my friends request.However the process of cooking Radish stuffed Paratha remains same as that of Gobhi Paratha.The difference lies in the moisture content of the two vegetables as radish has more moisture then cauliflower and how to take care of that you need to jump to the recipe followed by tips and tweaks mentioned below.
For the stuffing
- 2 cups grated radish or minced in the chopper
- 1/2 tsp green chilies
- 1 tsp chopped ginger
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder(optional if you like golden yellow stuffing)
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 2 tbsp oil
For the Paratha(Flat Bread)
- 2 cups whole wheat flour(Can also take all purpose flour and whole wheat flour in 1:1 ratio)
- Water to knead the dough
- Oil or Ghee to fry the parathas
Preparing the stuffing and the parathas
- The pictures shown above are of mooli(radish) paratha but the written description of preparing the stuffing and making parathas is same as that of preparing the cauliflower stuffing and paratha.So please check out the following link Gobhi Paratha(Cauliflower Stuffed Paratha)
Tips and Tweaks:
- All tips and tweaks remain same as in the link provided above.But since the moisture content in radish is more then in cauliflower so to dry out its moisture you would need 2-3 minutes more.
- I would recommend to use a non stick pan which would make easier for you to handle the stuffing without getting stuck to the pan or from getting burnt.
Enjoy!!!…………………………………………………………………………….. and Happy Cooking!