After a long hiatus I am back to the world of blogging again .This is my happy space which I was missing for quiet sometime due to reasons that kept me sometimes busy physically or mentally and hindered my focus towards writing, though cooking and clicking pictures was status quo.The end result was queuing of recipes which were due to be posted.So here I am today with one of those recipes ‘Pineapple Chicken‘.This is a simple recipe with an exotic appeal. The sweet and savory taste with mild heat of red chilies makes a perfect combination of flavors.The dish is not only the treat to the taste buds but a feast to the eyes as well.So before the praises about the dish leaves you salivating let us quickly jump to the recipe.
For preparing chicken
- 4 chicken pieces(thigh and leg combined)
- Juice of one lemon
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 2 tbsp oil
For the curry
- 1 medium sized onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper diced
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 cup pineapple diced
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp sugar or to taste
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- Some fresh coriander to garnish
Marinating and grilling the chicken
- Marinate the chicken with lemon juice,salt,black pepper powder and 2 tbsp of oil.Leave it aside for at least an hour.
- Grill the chicken in a grilling pan till it is cooked but remains juicy from inside.Approximately for about 7-8 minutes.
Preparing the curry
- Puree the diced pineapple pieces leaving few pieces aside lately to be added in the curry.
- Mix the orange juice in the pineapple puree.
- Saute diced red and yellow bell peppers in a separate pan.
- Heat oil/butter in a pan.
- Add in the chopped onions and cook till translucent.
- Add minced garlic and ginger and give a quick stir.
- Now add the pineapple puree into the pan.Adjust the consistency by adding little water.
- Season it with salt ,sugar and chili flakes according to taste.
- Simmer it for 5-7 minutes and then add the sauteed bell peppers and the reserved chunks of pineapple.
- Prepare a slurry of corn starch in water and add it into the simmering curry.Cook for another 1-2 minutes till the curry becomes slightly thick and coats the back of the spoon. Switch of the flame.
- Drizzle the curry over the grilled chicken pieces and serve hot along with steamed rice garnished with fresh coriander.
Happy Cooking! Till I am back again………………………………………………………………………………………..