I am back again with a recipe of a soybean byproduct ,which I name as ‘Soya Keema Matar’.Its the same byproduct that I have used for making Soya kebabs.Its a delicious main course vegetarian recipe which looks similar to mutton keema matar and a non vegetarian can easily be duped for at least once if not always.Its again a high protein dish and a great substitute for meat even for a non vegetarian which can very well go along with rice,chapati or buttered nan.It is a delicious treat to break away the monotonous day to day vegetarian affair too at most of the homes.Below follows the recipe of the same.Hope you all like it and give it a try at least once.
- 1 cup nutrela keema
- 1 cup fresh green peas/frozen peas
- 1 large onion finely chopped/grated/ground to a paste
- 2 tbsp ginger and garlic paste
- 2 medium sized pureed tomatoes
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder or according to taste
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- Salt to taste
- Chopped coriander to garnish
- 3-4 tbsp oil/ghee(clarified butter)
- Boil nutrela keema in salted water.Drain the excess water by lightly pressing and keep it in a sieve aside.
- Heat oil in a vessel.Add in the onions and fry till golden brown.
- Add in the ginger and garlic paste and cook till its rawness is gone.
- Add turmeric powder,coriander powder and red chili powder.Give it a quick stir and add in the pureed tomatoes.Cook the spice mixture till the oil separates.
- Add in the boiled nutrela keema ,garam masala and salt.Cook for few minutes mixing well.
- Add in the green peas and 1 cup of water.Mix well and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with chapatis or rice and ENJOY!!!
HAPPY COOKING!!! TILL I AM BACK ………………………………………………………………………….