Mexican food at times I find very akin to Indian food .The use of spices and fresh ingredients in Mexican dishes is very much suited to the Indian palette.The level of heat and tanginess present in Mexican dishes is appreciated and loved by Indians.
Chicken quesadilla is one Mexican dish That I love to eat very often.The spicy ,juicy chunks of chicken amidst molten cheese enveloped in a tortilla make for a lovely treat.Lot of variations can be made with respect to its stuffing.Traditionally ,a corn tortilla is used but in Northern Mexico and United States flour tortilla is used.This is an easy dish to make .In the recipe that follows,I have used flour tortillas.With the hope that you all would like it,let us now quickly jump to the recipe.
- 250 gm boneless chicken breast cut into steaks
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- Red chili powder/paprika according to taste
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp ginger and garlic paste
- Salt according to taste
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp oil
- 100 gm grated cheddar cheese
- Butter/oil for brushing tortilla wraps
- 4 tortilla wraps
- Marinate the chicken with juice of lemon,salt,chili flakes,red chili powder or paprika ,oregano,oil and ginger and garlic paste.Leave aside for at least one hour for all the flavors to infuse into the chicken.
- Heat a pan and cook the marinated chicken pieces on high heat till all the moisture dries up and is cooked,approximately about 10 minutes.
- Once the chicken cools down,take it on the chopping board and chop them roughly.
- Brush oil on one side of tortilla wrap.
- Spread a layer of chicken on one half of the wrap and top it with some grated cheddar cheese.Fold the other half and grill it on an electric grill or in a pan.
- Cut it into triangles and serve immediately along with some freshly prepared salsa on the side.
- Cheesy chicken quesadilla are ready to RELISH & ENJOY!!!
Tips and tweaks:
- Whole chicken breast can also be grilled and sliced instead using small pieces of chicken.I have used small pieces of chicken to ensure the taste gets infused in every bite.
ENJOY AND HAPPY COOKING!!!