Soya shami kebabs is a nutritious as well as a delicious recipe made from an extruded by product of soybean.For the vegetarians it is a nutritious treat and is a good alternative as an appetizer.Soybean is richest source of proteins when it comes to vegetarian source of protein.It contains almost 40 % of protein with the presence of all the nine essential amino acids required by the body.However,the digestibility of the plant proteins is sometimes a big question mark on their availability of protein to the body due to the presence of an anti nutritional factor called trypsin inhibitors .But ,by proper processing that requires autoclaving ,destroys the trypsin inhibitors thereby improving the digestibiliy and bio availability of the protein.
The soya shami kebabs stands high on protein as it is made from an extruded by product of soybean that has already undergone heat treatment, making it easily digestible and a good alternative for the non vegetarians too.The soya shami kebabs were a great hit in my family which does not easily approve of such dishes being a hardcore non vegetarian.Thus, I am here sharing this recipe with all of you,with the hope that you all my like it too.
- 1 cup nutrela keema
- 1/2 cup chana dal/split chickpea
- 1 large onion
- 4-5 fat garlic cloves
- 1″ ginger piece
- 7-8 green chilies
- 2 black cardamom
- 6 green cardamom
- 8 cloves
- 1″cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- 6-7 whole all spice/kabab chini
- 1/2 nutmeg /jaiphal
- 1 strand of mace /javitri
- 1 tsp cumin
- 3-4 whole red chilies
- 1 tsp amchur powder/dry mango powder
- Salt according to taste
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions,coriander and green chilies
- Oil for frying
- Soak chana dal for 2 hours.
- Boil nutrela keema in salted water for 5 minutes.Drain the water and leave aside in a sieve.
- Roughly chop the onions.
- Grind ginger and garlic together into a fine paste.
- Powder all the whole spices together mentioned in the ingredient list.
- Mix soaked chana dal,boiled nutrela keema,powdered spices,salt,onion,ginger and garlic paste and amchur powder together.
- Put this mixture in a pressure cooker,add about 1 cup of water and cook for about 4-5 whistles.
- Release the pressure and check for the moisture in the cooked mixture.If you find it more ,cook without lid till the excess moisture evaporates.
- After the mixture cools down,grind it into a smooth paste.
- Mix in the corn starch,chopped coriander,onions and green chilies.Divide the mixture into portions and roll each portion like a kabab/cutlet.
- Shallow fry in hot oil and serve hot along with some green chutney and sliced onions and lemon wedge as an appetizer.
ENJOY AND HAPPY COOKING!!! TILL I AM BACK AGAIN……………………………………………….