- 1.5 kg mutton(curry cut or mixed pieces)
- 4-5 black cardamom
- 1/2 tsp black pepper corns
- 2 ” cinnamon stick
- 10 cloves
- 1/2 tsp hing powder(asafoetida)
- 2 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp Kashmiri red chlili powder
- 1 tbsp ginger powder
- 1 tbsp fennel powder
- 1 1/2 cup thick curd
- Salt to taste
- Ghee/oil 4-5 tbsp
- Chopped coriander for garnishing
- Heat oil/ghee in a vessel or pressure cooker.
- Add hing powder and whole spices(cinnamon,black pepper corns,cloves,black cardamom) and let them crackle.
- Add the mutton and stir fry till its moisture evaporates.
- Add the powdered spices(coriander powder,fennel powder,ginger powder and red chili powder).Mix well and cook for 3-4 minutes .
- Add whipped yogurt and mix well.
- Add in the salt according to taste and about a cup of water.Put on the lid and cook on very low heat for about 1.5 hr till it is nicely done stirring in between.If using pressure cooker cook for about 4-5 whistles.However, the taste is exceptionally delicious if it is cooked on very low fire in a normal vessel .
- Adjust the consistency of the gravy as per your choice.Usually this dish is preferred in medium thin gravy that has a layer of oil/ ghee on top and is served along with roomali rotis or rice.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander and ENJOY !!!
Till then Happy Cooking!!!!!