Sometimes merely the thought of the chicken burger makes one drool.The taste of the crunchy,fried and juicy chicken patty sandwiched between the layers of soft buns amidst the freshness of lettuce,tomatoes and onions laced with sweet, tangy and creamy sauce can easily kaput ones dietary regime.So,the recipe that I have come up with in this blog can be a rescuer for those who love to eat burgers,but cannot have it on regular basis for some obvious reasons.Steamed chicken burger patties are very easy and quick to make.They can be frozen and can be used as and when required.These patties can be used in multiple ways right from stuffing inside the burger to a simple shallow fried snack.It can be added into the gravies and can also be sometimes rolled up in a burrito.So the choice is yours!
- 500 gm chicken mince
- 2 large finely chopped onions
- 10-12 fat garlic cloves finely minced
- Green chilies finely minced as per taste
- 1 cup chopped green coriander
- Salt to taste
- Garam masala powder
- 2-3 tbsp oil
- 1 large egg (optional)
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add chopped onions,garlic and green chilies all at once and cook till they start sweating.Put off the flame.
- Add in the chicken mince,salt,garam masala powder,chopped coriander and beaten egg.Mix well.
- Divide the mixture into equal size portions and roll each portion in the shape of a burger patty.
- Steam them in the steamer for about 7-8 minutes or till they are done.
- You can freeze these patties in a zip lock bag and can use as and when required.
- They can also be shallow fried and can be eaten as a snack along with a dip of your choice or can be assembled in a burger.
HAPPY EATING AND COOKING…………………….TILL I AM BACK……………………………………………..