Hi everyone.By now all of you who have been following my blogs must have formed an impression about me that my cooking usually revolves around Biryanis,Kebabs and Kormas .The cakes and breads that I bake ,I make it with all purpose flour instead using healthy substitutes which are now widely available in the supermarkets.I like to fry my samosas instead of baking them.There could be numerous such examples regarding my style of cooking which can even leave everyone doubting about me being a qualified nutritionist.For me healthy eating does not lie in the fact switching to the non palatable ways of cooking ,but striking the correct balance in the daily diet by incorporating variety of food items and making it interesting rather then turning into boring stuff and enjoying the delicacies at the same time.The reason being that I do not like to play with the basic essence of the dish.But I like to cook my dishes in the healthiest possible ways ,using quality ingredients and without going overboard with the use of certain ingredients ,especially fats and oil or sugar and salt.I am always in favor of home cooked food instead of eating out.Even if its indulgence of any kind like having sweets or fried stuff,try to cook at home and enjoy it to the hearts content.Not everyone can churn out delicious dishes,but still those efforts never go futile and may even end up providing more satisfaction and may encourage one towards home cooking and eventually leading to healthy eating habits.For me having good food does not mean going to a restaurant,but cooking and relishing it at home along with family or friends.I agree that it involves lots of lots of efforts and may not be possible for many people,but the practice of cooking exciting stuff at home and making food more interesting is worth taking up.
I am personally a healthy eater and I am capable of balancing my food well.My taste is versatile enough to enjoy different types of cuisines.This again is another reason that I do not like to fiddle with the authenticity of the cuisines,barring few changes. Apart from enjoying Biryanis and kebabs,sweets and fritters,I equally enjoy having soups and salads.The recipe that follows below is a healthy soup packed with goodness of mushrooms “The cream of mushroom”.It is a simple to make ,healthy soup which is suitable for all age groups and to the people suffering from diabetes,heart diseases and obesity.Since this blog is not a nutrition blog,so here I do not intend to discuss nutrition in detail.So skipping this let us quickly jump on to the recipe.
Serves : 3
- 200 gm button mushrooms
- 1 medium sized onion (roughly chopped)
- 5-6 fat garlic cloves (crushed)
- Salt to taste
- Crushed black pepper to taste
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil/butter
- 1 cup milk
- Fresh parsley or coriander to garnish
- Roughly chop the mushrooms.
- Heat oil in a sauce pan or a pressure cooker.
- Add chopped onions.Saute for few seconds.
- Add in the crushed garlic and cook for few seconds.
- Add in the chopped mushrooms.Mix well and saute till they sweat.Add 1 cup of water and salt to taste.
- Cook it covered till mushrooms soften.If cooking in a pressure cooker,cook till one whistle.
- Switch off the flame.Add milk into the cooked mixture and blend it to smooth mixture.Adjust the consistency by adding water or milk.
- Adjust the salt and pepper.Bring it to a boil once and serve hot garnished with parsley/cilantro(coriander).
RELISH and ENJOY the goodness of mushrooms .