Its peak summer time in Delhi when the temperatures are soaring and killing the liveliness of people around.Each day seems to be in competition with the previous day in terms of gaining a degree higher then the previous.But in the midst of all this the market seems to be flooded with assortment of fruits from water melons to mangoes and from peaches to cherries from the hills of Uttarakhand and Himanchal Pradesh.It is a visual treat for the persons like me who love to buy fruits and vegetable and also confusing at times what to buy and what to leave.Though I am a fruit lover and major part of my breakfast constitutes of fruits.But I like to have them as it is in order to draw the maximum benefits from them and I am the last person to convert them into products.But when the weather plays fowl , the capacity of my refrigerator gives up but my habit of buying in bulk continues then I have to resort to convert them into some kind of product.The peach lemonade is its outcome ,though my preference is to have a glass of chilled beer over any lemonade but this lemonade really made me change my preference for the time being and I could not resist myself sharing the recipe of the same which follows below.
- 1 kg ripe peaches
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 lemon/2 tbsp vinegar
- 4 cups water
- Wash and roughly chop the peaches.
- In a pan combine all the listed ingredients together and keep on low to medium heat initially.
- Cook for approximately 30 minutes till the peaches are soft and mushy and the syrup attains sauce like consistency.
- Turn off the flame and strain the syrup mashing the peaches to gather maximum pulp in the concentrate.
- Store the concentrate in a sterilized glass bottle and refrigerate till use.
- Instead of using chopped peaches you can also puree them in the blender and cook in the same manner as stated above.This will reduce the time and hassle of straining the concentrate.
Minty Peach Lemonade
- 1/3 cup peach concentrate
- 1 tbsp fresh mint leaves chopped
- 1/2 lemon
- Sparkling water / soda water
- Hand full of ice cubes
- Few lemon slices /peach slices, whichever is available
- In a tall glass pour the concentrate,squeeze the lemon juice,add ice cubes and top it with some chopped mint leaves and lemon slices/ peach slices and pour in the chilled sparkling water .Quickly give it a nice stir and is ready for consumption.
- Serve and ENJOY!!!
- The amount of sugar can be altered as per taste.
ENJOY THIS REFRESHING DRINK……………………………TILL I AM BACK ……………………………………….HAPPY COOKING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!