The juicy chicken tikka /steaks marinated in an orange coloured spiced yogurt coming out straight from the tandoor into any non vegetarians plate emanating smoky aroma is a delight.Tandoori chicken tikka is a very popular food that serve as an appetizer and can be also converted to meal if it is wrapped up in a roomali roti or a paratha (Indian shallow fried flat bread).It is an easy to make dish that just involves some pre -preparations which can be done in advance and the cooking time is very less.
- 500 gm chicken leg boneless cut into steak/tikka
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- salt to taste
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg powder
- 1/2 cup thick yogurt /Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp tandoori masala (grind together 1 tsp cumin+8-10 black peppercorns +2 “cinnamon(dalchini) +6-7 green cardamom+6-7 cloves + 1 mace (javitri)petal and use 1 tsp from this spice mix reserving the rest for future use.)
- yellow/orange food color (optional)
- Desi ghee/clarified butter for basting
- Mix the ingredients of the first marinate into the chicken and leave aside for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Mix together all the ingredients of the second marinate together and apply it to the chicken pieces already marinated with the first marinate and refrigerate till the time of roasting.
- Take out the marinated chicken 30 minutes prior to roasting to bring it to room temperature.
- Thread marinated chicken pieces on the skewers and grill them in a pre -heated tandoor/oven at 200 degree centigrade for about 6-7 minutes on each side basting with desi ghee.
- Sprinkle some chat masala and lime juice and serve hot along with some salad and mint chutney as a starter or wrap up in a paratha or roomali roti as a meal.
- If you are using bamboo skewers then soak them in water for minimum 1-2 hours before using them in order to prevent them from burning.
ENJOY…………………….AND HAPPY COOKING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TILL I AM BACK…………………………