This is an easy to make continental dish with all the vibrancy in its flavors and appearance.Cooking continental dishes is a welcome change for me from the regular Indian meal at times and it is equally relished by every one in my family and especially by my husband.For me winters is the best time to get into this type of cooking as all the vegetables and herbs are available in abundance even at the farmers market apart from the super stores…..but that does not mean at all that I stop cooking all these dishes during summers.Seasons can not deter my fondness for cooking and I can go to any lengths to procure the ingredients.However the dish whose recipe follows below does not involve any peculiar ingredients that are difficult to find.
makes 12 steaks
Mince chicken Steaks
- 500 gm chicken mince
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp minced garlic/paste
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 3-4 tbsp breadcrumbs for binding
- Salt to taste
- Oil to shallow fry
- 50 gms Dehydrated shiitake mushrooms
- 1 medium size onion finely chopped
- 2 medium sized red and yellow bell peppers diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp sweet tomato ketchup/2 tbsp tomato puree+2 tsp sugar
- 1 cup chicken stock/water
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour/maida
- Chili flakes to taste
- Salt to taste
- 2-3 tbsp Oil
Minced chicken steaks
- In the chicken mince mix salt,garlic mince /paste,worcestershire sauce,chili flakes and breadcrumbs.
- Season the mozzarella cheese with thyme and drizzle little oil over it.
- Divide the mince and cheese into 12 portions each.
- Stuff each chicken portion with cheese and shape them in the form of round patty.
- Shallow fry them till golden on both sides on medium medium to low flame.Will take about approximately 7-8 minutes.Avoid overcooking.
- Boil the dehydrated mushrooms in 2 cups of water till they turn soft.
- Chop the mushrooms roughly and reserve the stock of the mushrooms.
- In a pan heat oil and add chopped onions.Saute lightly followed by garlic.
- Add chopped mushrooms and saute a bit.Add flour and fry along with mushrooms till its rawness is gone.
- Add mushroom stock, worcestershire sauce , sweet tomato ketchup/ puree+sugar and 1-2 cups of water as flour will tend to thicken the gravy.
- Simultaneously in a separate pan saute the diced bell peppers and add to the mushroom sauce when it thickens slightly.
- Give it a nice mix.
- Season with salt and chili flakes and serve hot.
- It can be served along with steamed rice or some nicely toasted bread can also very well go as an accompaniment.
HAPPY COOKING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TILL I AM BACK WITH A NEW RECIPE