As the name says it is a perfect dish for the health freaks and weight watchers.A very simple dish to make that does not need any elaborate preparation and no complicated techniques involved if the ingredients are handy.Any first timer can make it without goofing up. It measures high on the health meter as well as on the taste.Its juiciness and the crispy crunch and an easy level of cooking makes it a stunning dish.
- 6oo gm boneless chicken breast(cut into chunks or mince can also be used)
- 1 cup yellow bell pepper diced
- 1 cup red bell pepper diced
- 1 cup mushrooms chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic finely minced
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 lemon
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp crushed black pepper
- 1 tsp dry herbs mixed( oregano,basil ,thyme or any herb of your choice)
- 1 tsp chili flakes (optional)
- 2 tbsp oil + 1 tbsp oil to drizzle over the bread crumbs.
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- Marinate the chicken with little salt,black pepper and 1/2 tsp garlic and keep aside for 15-20 minutes.
- In a pan heat oil.Once the oil is hot add onions and saute them till they are translucent.
- Add garlic and fry a bit till it starts giving an aroma.
- Add all the vegetables and saute for 1-2 minutes followed by adding chicken into it.Cook for 2 more minutes while giving it a nice mix.
- Season it with herbs ,salt and black pepper and transfer it into an oven proof baking dish.
- Top the surface with a thin layer of bread crumbs.Drizzle some oil over the crumbs.
- Bake it open in the oven at 180 degree centigrade for about 20 -30 minutes or till the bread crumbs turn golden and crispy.
- Nice healthy and juicy casserole with crispy top is ready to be served.Serve hot along with a toast or a bread of your choice.
ENJOY THIS YUMMY DISH TILL I COME BACK WITH A NEW ONE……………………TILL THEN HAPPY COOKING!!!!!