I need to find a reason to bake a cake.But sometimes I like to bake a cake without any reason and when I bake without any reason it turns out to be pleasure and becomes more pleasurable when I gorge on it till it is almost exhausted with one last piece left which even becomes more plum as the story is about to end.Now you all must be wondering which story I am talking about.Well ,the story of my Banana,walnut and resin cake right from baking till polishing it off.So here follows the recipe of the same so that you all can also bake with or without any reason.
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour (maida)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 3/4 cup oil/softened butter
- 1 cup powdered castor sugar
- 2 ripe bananas mashed
- 1 cup mixed chopped walnuts and soaked resins
- baking tin
- Prepare the baking tin by lining it with parchment paper or by brushing oil and dusting it by dry flour.
- Pre heat the oven and adjust the wire rack at the center of the oven.
- Sieve all purpose flour ,baking powder and salt 2-3 times to ensure even mixing of the ingredients.
- In a mixing bowl take butter /oil, powdered sugar and 3 eggs.Mix it with the help of a hand mixer/whisk till it is light colored and fluffy.This would take around 10 minutes by an electric hand mixer and even more by a hand whisk.
- Add vanilla essence and mashed bananas and mix further.
- Now with the help of whisk or spatula incorporate the flour mixture in 3 batches mixing lightly and ensuring even mixing.
- Fold in the chopped walnuts and resins.(Roll the walnuts and resins in little flour to prevent them from sinking at the bottom of the cake.)
- The batter wont become dry due to bananas ,therefore additional milk would not be required. But if by any chance the batter becomes very thick and dry then little milk can be added.
- Pour the batter in the baking tin.Tap the tin slightly and even the surface with a spatula.
- Bake in a pre heated oven at 150 degree centigrade for about 30 minutes.Thereafter check by pressing lightly with the fingers in between and if it feels firm then the cake is done and if it feels little soft,bake for some more time.when it feels firm insert a knife in the middle of the cake to confirm its done and the the knife comes out clean.
- Switch off the oven and let the cake rest in the oven for some time.Take it out and cool it perfectly on the wire rack before slicing and serving.
ITS TIME TO GOBBLE ….I KNOW YOU ALL ARE DROOLING….SO WHY WAIT……!
TILL THEN HAPPY COOKING!!!!!