Whenever I can not think of anything to cook,I cook eggs.Eggs form my best food buddy.This little ,oval ,rolling thing packed with nutrition and taste really comes handy to me and can form part of my meal any time of the day.Eggs are my all time favourite.Eggs are incredibly nutritious from being good source of protein to vitamins and trace nutrients that are vital for health.They contain a little bit of every nutrient we need.They serve high on satiety index.Therefore everyone from weigth watchers to muscle builders look up to eggs. They are easy to cook as well. The recipe that follows can be a quick alternative for a wholesome meal if one is short of time and enjoys eating eggs .It is packed with goodness of eggs and mushrooms combined with onions and tomatoes and with a generous dose of fresh herbs.
- 4- large eggs( beaten and seasoned with salt and pepper)
- 1 cup roughly chopped mushrooms(I have used button mushrooms)
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 medium sized tomato diced with its seeds removed
- 1/4 cup coriander/parsley chopped
- 1/2 tsp ginger finely chopped
- Green chilies chopped to taste
- Salt to taste
- Crushed black pepper(to taste)
- grated processed cheese /cheddar cheese(optional)
- 1 tbsp oil
- Heat oil in a non stick pan.
- Add onions when oil is hot.Saute lightly and add chopped ginger and green chilies.
- Add chopped mushrooms and saute lightly and just before they start sweating add diced tomatoes and coriander and season it with little salt.
- Pour the beaten eggs over it uniformly,sprinkle grated cheese (optional) and some crushed pepper.
- Cover it with the lid and cook till the egg is done.
- Serve hot with your choice of bread and enjoy a nutritious meal.
SEE YOU AGAIN WITH A NEW RECIPE
TILL THEN HAPPY COOKING!!!