This delicious and mouthwatering recipe was the outcome when I was not much in a mood to cook an elaborate meal for the dinner ,but at the same time wanted to have something really scrumptious. As my family always wanting to have something special in the evening like any other day and having not planned anything in advance it becomes tough for me to decide what to cook for dinner. Since I ran out of meat in my fridge and was left with vegetables and eggs only , I decided to cook this dish for the evening and it came out to be a hit and I am glad to share the recipe of the same.
- 8 eggs boiled
- 200 gm mushrooms cut into quarters or halves
- 1 large onion chopped
- 4-5 cloves garlic and 1″ ginger (ground into paste)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp paprika powder/red chili powder
- 2 large finely chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp spice mixture (4 green cardamoms,1″cinnamon stick,8-10 black peppers,1 tsp cumin,4-5 cloves,1 blade maze,ground together)
- salt to taste
- 2-3 tbsp oil
- In a pan fry the chopped onions till they are brownish pink in colour,to it add ginger-garlic paste and cook for about a minute till its rawness is gone.
- Add turmeric powder,chili powder and fry for about 30 seconds.
- Add chopped tomatoes,salt and cook till the tomatoes turn soft and the mixture becomes uniform.
- At this stage add mushrooms, cover the lid and cook for another 5-6 minutes followed by adding boiled eggs and spice mixture.Mix well and adjust the consistency of the gravy by adding water to it.Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Garnish it with chopped coriander and sliced green chilies and serve hot with chapati(indian flat bread) ,parathas,naan or steamed rice.
- Instead of using plain boiled eggs,lightly fried or sauted boiled eggs can also be used.
- The consistency of the gravy should be thick.
- To add richness to the gravy 1tbsp of cashewnut or blanched and skin removed almond paste can be added at the end followed by 1-2 tbsp of cream.